What defines a gamer...

Awsomemic
Graphical calculator
Xfire: awsomemic

What defines a gamer...

Post by Awsomemic »

I saw this topic in another forum.... and in thought to myself that all those people who replied all came from a similar background... so now i wanna know.... what do you people in pilot51.com/forums think defines a gamer.... :D
Pilot_51
Central computer (founder)
Xfire: pilot51
Steam: Pilot_51
Twitter: Pilot_51
Voice chat: Mumble, voice.pilot51.com, Pilot_51
Teams: X-Clan -(X)

Post by Pilot_51 »

The basic definition is obviously someone who plays games. There's different kinds of gamers such as hardcore gamers and casual gamers, but that's not the question here... I think a slightly more specific definition of a gamer is someone who plays games regularly, any more specific would probably be going too far into a specific type of gamer.
Sushiboy
Bead calculator

Re: What defines a gamer...

Post by Sushiboy »

A gamer, in my opinion, is someone who truly enjoys playing video games, and does so if time allows them. A true gamer never goes by ratings, or what's hot out in the market. To a real gamer, a 2/5 rated game could be just as fun as Halo, or World of Warcraft. He/she must see the game for what it really is...

A little corny, but that's my opinion.

Nice to see you, Mark ;)
Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level of stupidity, and then beat you with experience.