about the follow freeman server

retsamradassaT
Bead calculator

about the follow freeman server

Post by retsamradassaT »

can you reduce the size of your server to 4 slot? you may ask why, it's just because everytime a 5th player comes into the server, the server start spiking like crazy, nothing could be done to get rid of the lag until one person leaves.
Pilot_51
Central computer (founder)
Xfire: pilot51
Steam: Pilot_51
Twitter: Pilot_51
Voice chat: Mumble, voice.pilot51.com, Pilot_51
Teams: X-Clan -(X)

Re: about the follow freeman server

Post by Pilot_51 »

Done.
I noticed the lag issue and I was just waiting for the server to go empty before I lowered it to 4, but it crashed instead. Hopefully that'll fix the major lag, but as far as the crashing I'm not sure. Unfortunately there's no automatic crash recovery, so once it crashes it stays down until I find it crashed and start it back up. It crashed 2 or 3 times since I started it about a week ago. I'll probably get my bandwidth doubled soon, and when that happens I should have no problem with up to 8 players.
retsamradassaT
Bead calculator

Post by retsamradassaT »

thanks man, as far as the crash goes, i'd say it's pretty normal for it to crash knowing that this is a beta version.
Pilot_51
Central computer (founder)
Xfire: pilot51
Steam: Pilot_51
Twitter: Pilot_51
Voice chat: Mumble, voice.pilot51.com, Pilot_51
Teams: X-Clan -(X)

Post by Pilot_51 »

Yeah, but most crashes are caused by something which can be prevented, such as switching between specific levels or something. If you notice what you think is a crash, where the server doesn't come back up, let me know if you see anything which could possibly be the cause. I'll forward any details to Merciless Development since I'll have the technical crash info.