Naming

solar
Digital calculator

Post by solar »

Wow lol im glad your naming your podcast something besides pilot51...
Pilot_51
Central computer (founder)
Xfire: pilot51
Steam: Pilot_51
Twitter: Pilot_51
Voice chat: Mumble, voice.pilot51.com, Pilot_51
Teams: X-Clan -(X)

Post by Pilot_51 »

I never name something after me except for placeholder names. Although "Pilot_51's site" is an exception because of how personal it is, like a blog. I dislike using my name for titles and I usually have trouble coming up with something unique that I like, which is a big reason I'm asking for suggestions.
solar
Digital calculator

Post by solar »

Lol when we first played ACWW...I realized you use Pilot51 for eveything and it killed me xD

I always thought people should use their first name on that game(or atleast a made up cool one) so it would be more interesting and not like a game you play that you get ranked in
Pilot_51
Central computer (founder)
Xfire: pilot51
Steam: Pilot_51
Twitter: Pilot_51
Voice chat: Mumble, voice.pilot51.com, Pilot_51
Teams: X-Clan -(X)

Post by Pilot_51 »

I only used it for my name, that's not the title of some project, and the town name was Area 51. I use the same name literally everywhere I go online, which makes it easier for my friends to find me or so they know if it was me that they saw somewhere.
It actually happened on TechTV when an episode of The Screen Savers in which I got on the LAN Party high score list aired in Australia about a year later and one of my friends there contacted me asking if it was me, he wouldn't have had a clue if I used a different name. Things like that are really cool and I wouldn't want to avoid that by using a bunch of different names as many people I know do.
solar
Digital calculator

Post by solar »

Pilot_51 wrote:I only used it for my name, that's not the title of some project, and the town name was Area 51. I use the same name literally everywhere I go online, which makes it easier for my friends to find me or so they know if it was me that they saw somewhere.
It actually happened on TechTV when an episode of The Screen Savers in which I got on the LAN Party high score list aired in Australia about a year later and one of my friends there contacted me asking if it was me, he wouldn't have had a clue if I used a different name. Things like that are really cool and I wouldn't want to avoid that by using a bunch of different names as many people I know do.
But still i dont understand why you did it for acww...mph i understand but the leaderboards are screwed with hackers.