Forum ranks

Information, comments, questions, and suggestions about this site go in here.
Pilot_51
Central computer (founder)
Xfire: pilot51
Steam: Pilot_51
Twitter: Pilot_51
Voice chat: Mumble, voice.pilot51.com, Pilot_51
Teams: X-Clan -(X)

Forum ranks

Post by Pilot_51 »

I want to set up the membership ranking system but I think it would be better to let the members decide what the ranks are. What I want you to do is post your ideas for naming the ranks and the number of posts required.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, the ranks are just titles under your name when you reach a certain number of posts, and they could be configured to give people at higher ranks more privileges. Members that have a manually set rank, such as the staff, will not be affected by this ranking system.

Here's an example:
Rank 0: 0-99 posts
Rank 1: 100-499 posts
Rank 2: 500-999 posts
Rank 3: 1000-4999 posts
Rank 4: 5000+ posts
PilotLN23
Digital calculator

Post by PilotLN23 »

IDK too much but first you should get a theme for the board and then the ranks can be named, with no theme then the ranks can't be named. I mean like color to the board besides Blue, Orange, white, and black.
Pilot_51
Central computer (founder)
Xfire: pilot51
Steam: Pilot_51
Twitter: Pilot_51
Voice chat: Mumble, voice.pilot51.com, Pilot_51
Teams: X-Clan -(X)

Post by Pilot_51 »

The theme and ranks aren't connected, I can change either of them as I please. I'll deal with the theme soon, but here the topic is on ranks and after I get some good suggestions I'll put in the ranks, and I just might have a new theme by the time that happens.
My intention is to give the members a voice in what happens with these forums and other related things. Obviously I'll have the final choice, at least until I get some admins, but anything that I like (or at least don't not like) and I can do, I see no reason I wouldn't do it eventually.
Awsomemic
Graphical calculator
Xfire: awsomemic

Post by Awsomemic »

here ive got idea....

0-20 posts: nOOb
21-50 posts: Poster
51-100 posts: Warlord
101-500 posts: Uber-poster
501-onwards: Promote me to site moderator