stop the clutter before its to late!!!!

If there's not a forum already for what you want to post about, use this forum.

stop the clutter

yes
33%
no
67%
maybe
No votes
dont care a f*ck about this forum!!!
No votes

Total votes: 3

Awsomemic
Graphical calculator
Xfire: awsomemic

stop the clutter before its to late!!!!

Post by Awsomemic »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

a friendly warning.... yu should stop the clutter before its to late!
yu should delete post that havent been repleyd to in weeks(or days) :D

yu should stop it before nobody can find a good post and the forum is to clutterd to post anything and people start new topics that r already thre...

stop the clutter before its to late!!!!!
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Pilot_51
Central computer (founder)
Xfire: pilot51
Steam: Pilot_51
Twitter: Pilot_51
Voice chat: Mumble, voice.pilot51.com, Pilot_51
Teams: X-Clan -(X)

Post by Pilot_51 »

Most forums I go to never delete inactive threads and they don't have much of a problem with duplicate threads. There's an amazing feature called "search" which I'll encourage people to use before making a new post. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like getting rid of stuff because I see the potential for it being useful in the future.
Awsomemic
Graphical calculator

Post by Awsomemic »

ok...
but wht if some assh*l keeps posting the same subject over and over... because im to lazy to search and i never find a post that has been responded to in like months ( like in xfire)... if yu dont want to delete can yu make it so that all topics that have been replyed to comes first :P :P

its just me... if yu like the site with lots of stuff.... not lotts of crapp... but yu know what i mean... then do it... im just suggesting not telling... :? :?
Pilot_51

Post by Pilot_51 »

If someone keeps posting new threads for the same topic, I'll probably warn him once and ban him if he continues. I'll probably do the same for people that post new threads about the same thing as another active thread. The forum is supposed to sort the threads with the most recent reply at top, and ones that haven't been replied to in awhile fall back.

Searching is simple, people too lazy to search don't deserve to be able to post new threads. I don't care if a thread hasn't been responded to in months, it's still a thread on a certain subject and if you have something to say then go ahead and post a reply, it would be moved up to the top and people will read it. I don't discourage reviving old threads, unless maybe it's a stupid topic.

Eventually I might start archiving old threads that haven't been replied to after so many months, but right now it's not even close to necessary.

Post by Guest »

ok cool... i just wanna know if it is like that... becuase on the xfire forum its very cluterd and with over 300 topis... damn i just cant search all that for a topic... i just wanna know if yur going to let the site go or keep updating the site.. ps is thre a place whre yu an suggest things to change in the site or will yu create one... also... can yu make it so that if yu want to browse for stuff that yu dont keep hitting next.. instead it shows all topics from top to bottom in one page... i really dont know if it is or isnt like this already im just proposing... :o :o :o

Post by Guest »

its really me up thre i just dint log in :D :D
lol
Pilot_51

Post by Pilot_51 »

Anonymous wrote:i just wanna know if yur going to let the site go or keep updating the site
Somewhere between that. I'll update as I see necessary, but most of the time I'll probably just let it go.
Anonymous wrote:ps is thre a place whre yu an suggest things to change in the site or will yu create one
Anything about the site, including suggestions, goes in the Pilot51.com forum, which is at the top of the forum list.
Anonymous wrote:can yu make it so that if yu want to browse for stuff that yu dont keep hitting next.. instead it shows all topics from top to bottom in one page
You mean you want it so there aren't pages, just an endless list? Right now it's limited to what I set it, which is 100, but I'll see if I can find a mod that does what you want and is user configurable.
PilotLN23
Digital calculator

Post by PilotLN23 »

This is obviously a meaningless thread, this could've been handled through PM or IM.
Pilot_51

Post by Pilot_51 »

Eh... Let it go LN, it's not nearly as bad as many threads I've seen.
Awsomemic
Graphical calculator

Post by Awsomemic »

like xfire forums :evil: